Why Our Franchise Marketing Agency Likes to Get Physical … With Addresses
Long ago our franchise marketing agency discovered that many factors influence your SEO ranking, but perhaps none more than your address.
Having a physical address – and a real one, at that – is crucial for success when it comes to SEO strategy. That’s right, it must be a legitimate location in good standing with Google that will allow your business to reap the full benefits of local SEO work. Doing so ensures visibility in search results, which in turn generates traffic to your site.
PO Boxes, Digital Address Won’t Work
You’d be surprised how many potential clients our franchise marketing agency comes across which do not have genuine locations. Not having a proper address can hinder your SEO efforts, and ultimately prevent you from bringing in website traffic and potential revenue.
Why is this so? Because Google uses different factors to determine who it displays to users in search results. The biggest ranking factor in local SEO is the proximity of the user to your business’s physical address. If your physical address is not aligned with Google’s guidelines, you will not be found on Google. And because Google has an 85 percent market share of search engines in the United States, not being found is a major disadvantage in marketing.
What’s a good address?
- A good address would include:
- Business that is in its own physical address.
- A storefront with appropriate signage that represents your business.
- You are the only occupant of your address.
- If you have a suite number, you and your neighboring business addresses say so accordingly on Google and across the web.
- No other business is claiming to be at this address on Google or the rest of the web.
- Business is in or near the area in which it serves its customers.
- Business is within the city limits of the city it is in and targeting.
- Business name reflects the city or region it is in.
What’s a bad address?
- An improper address might include the following:
- Post office box (P.O. Box).
- Regis or digital address.
- Shared address with another company.
- Business located in your home.
- Business in a storage unit.
- Business that Google does not consider a storefront.
- No address at all.
Get it Right from the Start
When our franchise marketing agency intakes new partners, we vet all the above items and take each into consideration about an address. The biggest roadblock with new partners is negative address issues they are facing.
Acquiring a New Address
In most cases, we find that the physical address is more than paid for by the additional leads it generates each month. So, potential partners would do well to be proactive.
Contact our team to assist you with finding a new address, where we consider every factor in selecting one. Doing so will help you make the most out of your physical space and ensure top visibility on the web.
ChoiceLocal is a franchise marketing agency dedicated to leading a purpose-driven business as the first and only franchise marketing agency with a money-back guarantee. This has led to successful partnerships with more than 50 franchise brands and a spot on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies. Our core values are driven not only by the digital marketing work that is done but reflected in each person that becomes a teammate; we volunteer in our local communities every quarter and make a difference to those around us. Named a top workplace for four years straight, ChoiceLocal is dedicated to making the lives of everyone we are involved with better.